Rumplemintz is a premium schnapps brand that originated in Germany. It was first introduced in 1947 by the Scharlachberg distillery, which is known for producing high-quality spirits.
The Rumplemintz recipes has remained unchanged throughout the years, and it continues to be made with only natural ingredients. Rumplemintz quickly gained popularity in Europe and eventually made its way to the United States.
In 1990, it was acquired by Diageo, one of the largest spirits companies in the world. Today, Rumplemintz is widely available in bars and liquor stores across North America.
Peppermint Patty Cocktail
Taster’s Guide Tip 226: Rumple Mintz Recipes
Rumplemintz is a popular peppermint schnapps known for its intense mint flavor. It originated in Germany and is produced using a secret recipe that includes peppermint extract and high-proof spirits. Rumplemintz has a distinct and refreshing taste, making it a favored choice for peppermint-flavored cocktails and shots.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Rumplemintz, Crème de Cacao, and milk to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Optionally, garnish and enjoy!
Explanation of Rumplemintz’s unique flavor profile
What sets Rumplemintz apart from other peppermint schnapps is its intense flavor. It contains 100% pure peppermint oil, which gives it a powerful and refreshing taste that lingers on the palate. When you take a sip of Rumplemintz, you’ll immediately notice its cool and invigorating minty flavor.
It’s like a breath mint in liquid form! But there’s more to it than just mint – there are also subtle hints of sweetness and spice that balance out the bold peppermint taste.
Overall, if you’re looking for a drink with a unique kick that wakes up your senses, then you won’t be disappointed with Rumplemintz. Whether sipped on its own or mixed into cocktails or desserts (yes, really!), this iconic schnapps packs quite a punch.
Classic Cocktails with Rumplemintz
Mint Julep with a Twist
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces Bourbon whiskey (or your preferred whiskey)
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Crushed ice
- Rumplemintz (float)
- In an old-fashioned glass, muddle three fresh mint leaves at the bottom.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of Bourbon whiskey and 1/4 ounce of simple syrup to the glass.
- Fill the glass halfway with crushed ice.
- Add another layer of fresh mint leaves on top of the ice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with more crushed ice.
- Add a float of Rumplemintz on top of the ice.
- Stir the mixture to combine the flavors.
- Enjoy the refreshing Peppermint Twist Mint Julep!
This variation of the classic Mint Julep adds a delightful peppermint twist, enhancing the traditional flavors with a refreshing and minty kick. It’s a perfect cocktail for horse races or any occasion where you want to savor a touch of southern charm with a twist of peppermint.
Creative Ways to Use Rumple Mintz in Drinks
Hot Chocolate with a Kick
- Your preferred hot chocolate recipe
- 1-2 oz Rumplemintz
- Whipped cream
- Crushed candy canes
- Prepare your hot chocolate according to your preferred recipe.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a mug.
- Stir in 1-2 oz of Rumplemintz.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle crushed candy canes.
- Optionally, use dark chocolate for a richer flavor.
Enjoy this cozy and indulgent Peppermint Hot Cocoa Delight, perfect for warming up on chilly winter nights or adding a twist to your favorite hot chocolate recipe. The addition of Rumplemintz brings a refreshing peppermint kick that pairs wonderfully with whipped cream and crushed candy canes for a delightful holiday treat.
Spiked Apple Cider
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup Rumplemintz
- Cinnamon sticks or sliced apples (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat up 8 cups of apple cider on the stove until warmed through.
- Add 1/2 cup of Rumplemintz to the pot.
- Stir well to combine the apple cider and Rumplemintz.
- Ladle the spiked apple cider into mugs.
- Garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick or a slice of apple.
- Serve warm and enjoy the delicious flavors of fall!
This Spiked Peppermint Apple Cider is a delightful twist on the classic fall beverage. The combination of warm apple cider and the refreshing minty taste of Rumplemintz creates a cozy and invigorating drink that’s perfect for autumn gatherings, holiday parties, or simply enjoying the crisp fall weather.
Cooking with Rumplemintz
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Rumplemintz liqueur
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
- Microwave chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Mix in heavy cream, vanilla extract, and Rumplemintz liqueur.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Form small balls from the mixture.
- Optionally, roll truffles in crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate on a lined baking sheet until ready to serve.
Enjoy these delicious Rumplemintz Chocolate Truffles as a holiday party treat or an indulgent after-dinner dessert. The combination of chocolate, cream, and Rumplemintz liqueur creates a rich and minty flavor that’s sure to delight.
- Box of your favorite brownie mix
- Ingredients required on box mix
- 2 tablespoons Rumplemintz liqueur
- Preheat the oven according to the brownie mix instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the brownie batter according to the instructions on the box.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Rumplemintz liqueur to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven according to the instructions on the box.
- Allow the brownies to cool before serving.
These Minty Rumplemintz Brownies offer a delightful twist to your classic brownie recipe. The addition of Rumplemintz liqueur infuses them with a refreshing mint flavor. Serve these brownies on their own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an indulgent treat. Enjoy the perfect combination of chocolate and mint in every bite!
Fun Facts about Rumplemintz
Rumplemintz is a unique brand of peppermint schnapps that has been around for over 60 years. Despite its long history, there are still many interesting things to learn about this popular liqueur. Here are some fun facts you may not know about Rumplemintz:
The Meaning Behind the Name “Rumplemintz”
The name “Rumplemintz” is actually a combination of two words: “rumpled” and “peppermint.” According to the brand’s website, the name was chosen because it perfectly described the flavor and texture of the liqueur. The word “rumpled” refers to the slightly wrinkled texture of peppermint leaves, while “peppermint” obviously describes the flavor.
It’s also worth noting that Rumplemintz is often spelled with a lowercase “r,” despite being a proper noun. This unique spelling is intentional and helps to reinforce the brand’s quirky, irreverent image.
How the Brand’s Logo Has Evolved Over Time
The Rumplemintz logo has gone through several different iterations since its inception in 1947. The original logo featured an image of a medieval knight with a spear, which was meant to evoke images of strength and power. In the 1960s, however, the logo was changed to feature an illustration of a cartoonish wizard holding up a bottle of Rumplemintz with one hand while casting spells with the other.
This whimsical design quickly became synonymous with the brand and helped to set it apart from other liqueurs on store shelves. Today, Rumplemintz’s logo remains largely unchanged from its 1960s design.
The wizard character still graces every bottle of this iconic liqueur, helping it to stand out in an increasingly crowded market filled with competitors. Whether you love Rumplemintz for its unique flavor, its quirky branding, or both, there’s no denying that this peppermint schnapps has earned a place in the hearts of drinkers everywhere.
Recap of Recipes
We’ve covered a lot of ground in this article, exploring how to use Rumplemintz in a variety of ways. From classic cocktails like the Peppermint Patty and Mint Julep with a Twist, to creative hot cocoa and apple cider recipes, there are plenty of ways to enjoy this unique peppermint liqueur. And let’s not forget about the delicious chocolate peppermint truffles and minty brownies we whipped up!
Ideas for Using Rumplemintz
In addition to the specific recipes we covered, there are many other ways to incorporate Rumplemintz into your drinks and desserts. Try adding it to your morning coffee for an extra kick, or use it as a flavoring for homemade ice cream. The possibilities are endless!
Fun Facts about Rumplemintz
Did you know that the name “Rumplemintz” is actually a combination of two German words – “rumple” meaning wrinkled or crumpled and “minze” which means mint? The brand’s logo has also evolved over time, from a simple text-based design in the 1940s to the distinctive “RUMPLEMINZ” in all caps with an abstract image of mint leaves today. If you’re looking for a way to add some cool peppermint flavor to your drinks and desserts, look no further than Rumplemintz!
Whether you’re making classic cocktails or getting creative with new recipes, this versatile liqueur is sure to add some excitement to your next gathering or cozy night at home. So go ahead – have fun experimenting with all the different ways you can use Rumplemintz!